Sunday, March 4, 2018

SWEET as can be........

Well now that the Olympics are over, it's about time I got back to blogging.
I totally got hooked on watching every event and just couldn't pull myself away.  LOL.  But I am so happy to get back to creating and expanding my artistic skills.  I truly believe that venting my creative side is what keeps me sane.  Especially when life is difficult.  And right now life has been very difficult and more challenging that I want it to be.  And hopefully in the near future things will settle down, and I can share good news.

In the mean time, back to scrapbooking. This layout I created has turned out to be my all time favourite.  I started out by using a February Challenge from Paper Issues called Bigger is Better.
Basically to use a large title.  After looking through some photos I settled on a photo I have wanted to scrap for a long time.  It is one of my most favourite photos of my granddaughters that was taken right after the youngest was born.  It is such a gorgeous photo and I had been putting off scrapping it, probably because I wanted to make sure I did it justice.

After going through my stash, I decided on the Crate Paper Collection......Little You.
I just love the soft pastel colours, and the dark grey that compliments them so well.

For the large title I chose to use a Silhouette Cut File, and back the word SWEET.
I used some water colours on the background, and contrast letters for the remainder of the title.


I did some stitching on the 3 different patterned papers that I used in the background. And I used some bunched up gold thread under a few of the embellishments to tie in with the gold.





I just really really LOVE how this turned out.  I'm not sure what exactly makes me love this layout so much?  It just makes me super happy !!!!
I hope you enjoy it also and it gives you inspiration to create.  Spreading inspiration is my main goal with my blog.  I am and have been inspired by so many amazing scrapbook artists.  

SUPPLIES
Cardstock-Bazzill
Patterned Paper-Crate Paper : Little You Collection
Thread-Coats
Colour-Prima Watercolour Lemonade & Rose
Jane Davenport Water Colour Pen : Stary Skies
Heidi Swapp Colour Shine : Gold
Flair-AC
Tiny Words-Recollections
We're Here Bubble-Basic Gray : Kneehighs & Bowties
Enamel Cloud-Carta Bella : Rock-a-bye Baby
Black Letters-Webster Storytellers

Thank you Paper Issues for this great Challenge
and remember

"Creativity takes courage"
                 ~Henri Matisse

If you have any questions please feel free to ask
~Cathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment