Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Puddle Fun

Happy Monday everyone!!! I am feeling a bit sleepy today, just trying to get use to the time change.
But I did get some craft and scrap time over the weekend, and also did a complete change of the way I had all of my scrapbooking products organized. 

Up until  this past weekend, all of my embellishments were organized in bins by company.  But after spending forever just looking for a doilie that I knew I had, but could not remember what  company it was from, I decided I needed a change.  I'm hoping that I find it much easier to find what I am looking for so I can spend more time creating and less time searching!!!

Today I am sharing a layout that I created for Mercy Tiara's 27 Day Scrappy Challenge!!
You can pop onto her Facebook page and join in the challenge, and find lots of wonderful inspiration.

This March Challenge was a pretty big stretch for me LOL.  But that is sometimes a good thing.  It is so easy to get stuck in a rut, and just use colours and embellishments that you find easy to create with.  With this Challenge, I stumbled a bit and it took me longer than usual.

Christine Ethier's CHALLENGE

"As the Spring heads our way I was thinking :
1) Design a layout with a prominent diagonal element.
2) Use only pink and yellow papers but include a small touch of purple. 
3) The title should have either something about Spring or something inspirational about life.
4) Finally use two clusters of layered elements that include any mix of stickers, chipboard, enamel dots, resin shapes, or flair.
5) Have fun!!!!

I first went through my papers and my stash searching for anything purple.  Although I love the colour purple,  I find that it is difficult to work with. But I did find a few elements that I could use in my clusters.
Next I went through my Tim Holtz Distress Inks, and found that I had 2 of the new Oxide Inks that worked perfectly. Wilted Violet and Worn Lipstick. For the yellow I didn't have an Oxide but I had Squeezed Lemonade in the Distress Ink. 
I first covered my very light pink cardstock in Clear Gesso. Once that was dry, using a round sponge, I applied all 3 ink colours.  When I was happy with how it all looked I sprinkled some water, and then ran my roll of paper towel over it to quickly pick up the water and some of the ink.  I wanted it to kind of look like rain drops.  It turned out really pretty!!!!
Once my background was dry I mounted it on another piece of cardstock and then I stitched around the edges with purple thread.  Then I added my title, photo, and embellishments.

And this is the finished layout

This layout has way more colour than I ever usually use.  But, I really love how it turned out.  And I love the quote that I found. Little Taylor looks like she is not quite sure if jumping in the puddles is for her LOL.  But once she gets going she is really loving it!!!!

I haven't created my own background before with inks, but I just really love those Oxide Inks and I can't wait to get some more colours and try this technique again!!!
Here are a few close up photos.





How stinkin' adorable is that little yellow rubber boot?  So happy I found that and the Umbrella in my stash. Without doing some organizing, I'm not sure I would have found those.

SUPPLIES
Cardstock-Bazzill
Patterned Paper-Simple Stories
Ink-Tim Holtz : Distress Oxide Worn Lipstick & Wilted Violet
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Squeezed Lemonade
Doilie Diecuts- 
Flowers-Pebbles & Sassfras
Crochet Icon-Prima
Tiny Puffy Houses-AC Amy Tangerine
Rubber Boot & Umbrella-Pink Paislee
Enamel Hearts-Doodlebug
Letters-Woodgrain : Prima, Pink : AC Thickers Sunrise

I hope this layout inspires you to try something new, and to check out
Mercy Tiara's 27 Day Challenge

And remember

"Scrapbooker's don't lie
they embellish"

Thanks for stopping by...........
Cathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment