Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Paper Issues & Stuck Sketches

Wow I can't believe Spring is here!!!!!  Well.....according to the calendar it is here.  But unfortunately we are suppose to be getting more snow tomorrow!!!   It better stop snowing very soon or the poor Easter Bunny is going to have to hide Easter eggs in the snow LOL

The layout that I am sharing today is a Challenge from Paper Issues and Stuck Sketches.  
If you are looking for challenges, sketches, great inspiration and some fun, please check out these great blogs.  Believe me you will not be disappointed!!!!

Here is the sketch


I had a photo that I wanted to scrap, but since it was just a single photo I had to change things a bit to make this sketch work.
All in all this turned out to be a very simple and fast layout to create. Which doesn't usually happen for me.  I am a notoriously slow scrapbooker. So when a layout comes together quickly it is a nice change of pace for me.
The photo is of my youngest granddaughter Miss Avery.   She is the sweetest little nugget in the world and although she is almost 3 years old already, she has only gotten sweeter.

So here is my take on the sketch

I actually used very few embellishments on this layout.  The title
"I LOVE YOU" and the puffy sticker hearts and arrow are the only embellishments I used.  Everything else was either a cut file from my Cameo Silhouette, or flowers cut from the paper collection that I used.  Sometimes less really is more.
I also decided to do a simple black outline around the entire page, and around the photo mats and the flowers.  It was the perfect detail I think. 

Here are a few close up photo's





SUPPLY LIST
Cardstock-Bazzill
Patterned Paper-Crate Paper : Heart Day Collection
Puffy Embellishments-Pebbles
Cut Files-Silhouette Cameo
Black pen-Sharpie

Thanks so much for visiting my blog.  Please feel free to ask any questions and join my blog.
Occasionally I will have a surprise give away and for every comment your name will be entered!!

~Cathryn

4 comments:

  1. Sweet baby and a beautiful page! Love the colors and details! So happy to have you playing with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful page! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many beautiful embellishments! Such a fabulous page....loving that circle cut file! Thanks for playing along with us at Stuck?!Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, the stripey background really makes your page pop! Thank you for joining us at Stuck!Sketches!

    ReplyDelete