Sunday, October 1, 2017

Happy October Friends!!!!!!

Oh my goodness what a hectic life I have led in the past few months!!!!   I don't even know where to start explaining all the changes.   After living in my home for the past 29 years, it was finally time to move and get my new life started.   It was difficult and I really thought that I would have a hard time making this move.  But by the time everything was said and done I was actually more relieved than sad.  I am in my new home now, and even though it is probably not my forever home, I feel settled and comfortable.  As many of us crafters know, thinking about packing and moving an entire craft room strikes fear and terror in our hearts LOL. I moved to a much smaller home and no longer have my large beautiful studio.  But all is well and I still have a beautiful space to create.

Right after my move I attended the Great Canadian Scrapbook Carnival.  I look forward to this amazing event every year and this year I took my oldest granddaughter Blake as a gift for her birthday.  She LOVED it!!!!!  And I look forward to taking her again next year. 




The cutest scrappers at the crop!!!
Blake and Kaja

I also managed to get my creative juices flowing and created a few layouts!!!! Yeah!!!!


This if the first layout I created. I love this photo so much!!! My middle granddaughter Taylor and my niece Denae's sweet little guy Gabe were enjoying some bonding time at a family reunion a few years ago!!

Lots of mixed media going on in this layout.  Also a Silhouette cut file that I backed with paper. With the move I don't have my supply lists available, but I will share as soon as I find them <3



This layout came about after I purchased some Dina Wakely Acrylic Paint (colours : Turquoise, Magenta, and Lime) at the crop.
I decided to just play around with it on some textured white cardstock. The next morning, I punched out a bunch of circles, and this layout then fell together pretty darn fast!!!!  
The only thing I added after that was a Doilie from Doodlebug, Enamel Dots, a couple chipboard pieces, a couple tiny butterfly from Doodlebug, and an Acrylic Title from Bella Blvd.
This turned out to be such a fun layout. I just LOVE it!!!!!

Thanks Creative Scrapbooker for another amazing Carnival!!!! I am already looking forward to next year
~Cathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment