Wednesday, January 29, 2014

WELCOME 2014.................Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine January Sketchy Challenge

I am really starting out a bit late to celebrate the New Year, however Happy New Years to all who are near and dear to me!!!!!!  I had a wonderful Christmas with all of my kids, my parents and my 2 precious granddaughters!!!!  AND.....I got the best gift ever from my kids.......the CAMEO SILHOUETTE!!!!
I  have had so much fun learning and trying new things with this handy dandy sweet machine.  It's just amazing.......and fun!!

One of my first fun Layouts I created was for Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine January 2014 Sketchy Challenge. 
A big thanks to Sue Sykes for this great Sketch
Please check out her blog.....it is filled with such amazing inspiration!!!!

Such a great sketch........

...........and here is what I created!!!!

This precious layout is all about meeting my second granddaughter for the first time.  I was suppose to be there for the birth but little Miss Taylor wasn't waiting for me to get there......she was in a big hurry!!!  I can't tell you how incredibly amazing it is to hold a new grand baby for the first time!!  My heart just melts thinking about it and looking at the photo.  She is a true gem in my life.  
Umma LOVES you TAYLOR!!!!!

I flipped the sketch so that my picture was situated better......and I LOVE this beautiful collection by Teresa Collins!!!!

SUPPLIES
Cardstock-Bazzill
Patterned Paper & Embellishments-Teresa Collins :You are My Happy Collection
and
DCWV Timeless Type Stack
Letters-AC Thickers;Pink Sunrise & Cameo Silhouette; Will You Call My Name Font
Ink-Tim Holtz Distress;Walnut Stain
Silhouette Cameo Embellishments-Abstract Circle Frame, Cards (love), Heart Flower Cards, Heart 4x6 Journaling Card
Twine- made at a Local Yarn Store

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your sweet words, Cathryn - and for playing along!! Great colours, awesome photos... it all turned out great!! (PS I love my Cameo too.... :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layout Cathryn! I have nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! More info on my blog at http://lee-annelovethejourney.blogspot.com/2014/02/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete