Wednesday, July 25, 2012

You are my SONshine!!!!

Last night I finally got around to doing Authentiques July Sketch Challenge!!! I had sat down and looked at their sketch so many times but nothing creative was rolling around in my brain!!!!  Then last night I while going through some old photos, I spotted these 3 of my son, who is now 17!!  He was such a cute sweet little guy!!!! Anyways.....I immediately thought of Authentiques Gathering Collection!!  The colors are just perfect for these photos!!!!

.......here is the July Sketch Challenge


.......and here is my take on the sketch!!

I decided not to put a border on this LO and instead concentrate on the flowers. 




For the top flower on the right I cut out each little petal, inked them and then popped them up just a little. A lot of work but I love how it all turned out!
I did the same for the bottom left flower but just cut out the largest petals and did the rest as a whole flower. Not quite the same effect, but it still looks kind of cool!!!!
I always find it more difficult when doing a more masculine LO to pick the right embellishments!! With this LO I just went with some buttons sewn on with twine. Understated but just right I think!!

SUPPLIES : Cardstock-Bazzill, Patterned paper & paper embellishments-Authentique Gathering Collection, Ink-Tim Holtz Distress Gathered Twigs, Buttons & Rub on letters-Fancy Pants, Large letters-AC Thickers!!!

Thanks for stopping by!!!
~Cathryn










2 comments:

  1. This is a great layout! Love all the detail! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Valerie!! A lot of cutting by fun to make!!!!

      Delete